Tokupinoy: The Pinoy Tokusatsu Voyagers Exploring the Tokusatsu Orbit for 10 Years


         The Tokupinoy or the Tokusatsu Community of the Philippines  is now celebrating 10 years of exploring different Tokusatsu series from Super Sentai, Kamen Rider ,Ultraman ,Garo, Toho and many original Tokusatsu series around the world. How do I start this blog way back July 15, 2010? Before that, I'm started being a Tokusatsu fan since 1991 when I was 3 turning 4 years old at that time as I first watched Hikari Sentai Maskman  followed by Uchuu Keiji Shaider, Ultraman, Magmaman and Kamen Rider Black, when I get attracted to these live action series , I'm just thinking if there is more Tokusatsu heroes to aired on my favorite channels so it come true and I enjoy to watch more, however TV has only limited series to aired, and I discover more Tokusatsu series to watch when I see some mini-cards of Tokusatsu Heroes like Zyuranger, Dairanger,Kakuranger,Kamen Rider Black RX, Kamen Rider J, Ultraman Taro,Ultraman Leo, Exceedraft, Blue Swat and Many More. 



          The decade after which is 2000's , I discovered different sites like Rovang.Org that features different Super Sentai Database from 1975-77 Himetsu Sentai Goranger to 2002-03 Ninpu Sentai Hurricanger as I started to search the keyword "Turboranger" through Google Images  as I discovered may Super Sentai teams every year, Kamen Rider Geocities site started from 1971-73 Kamen Rider to 1994 Kamen Rider J as there are many Kamen Riders in the 1970's prior to Kamen Rider Black, and the Japan Hero Website when I started to discover different Ultraman like Ultraman,Ultraseven,Ultraman Dyna and many Ultra Heroes, Metal Heroes like Gavan, Shaider,Jiban and many Metal Heroes and different Tokusatsu Heroes like Koseidon, Guyferd, Gransazers and many more.

                       
          Because of my enthusiasm discovering different Tokusatsu series, I've started joining different Tokusatsu Group like s Japan Hero Yahoo Groups and Fans Club Tokusatsu Indonesia in Multiply as I look forward for some stuffs, episodes and discussions about Tokusatsu in 2004. In 2006 I've start watching different Tokusatsu series on Youtube from 2003-04 Kamen Rider 555, 1988-89 Chojuu Sentai Liveman and 2001-02 Ultraman Cosmos as I started to discover and familiarized different series and in 2007 I'm started to watch them continously from 2007-08 Juuken Sentai Gekiranger, 2007 Ultraseven X and 2007-08 Kamen Rider Den-O to the current 2020-21 Mashin Sentai Kiramager ,2019-20  Kamen Rider 01,2020 Ultraman Z and the recent 2020 Garo -Versus Road-.


        In late 2007 I've joined Tokusatsu groups in Friendster called the Tokusatsu Sentai Spartans as I meet Filipino Tokusatsu Fans and some of the pioneering members turned into my comrades in Tokupinoy who share their fandom from the series, toys, fan-art made, creating different ideas and making reviews , and also I meet them in Cosplay Conventions. Three years after 2007 the Blogspot was very popular as I read different Cosplay, Tokusatsu, Anime and Hobby related blogs , I was very inspired on creating my own blog and I choose Tokusatsu  as the theme so I created Tokusatsu Community of the Philippines or Tokupinoy on July 15,2010. I'm started featuring Tensou Sentai Goseiger, the finale of Kamen Rider W , the start of Kamen Rider OOO and Ultraman Zero updates by only myself , for me this is tough but challenging but my heart of sharing the updates never stops me doing what I want and my Tokusatsu friends join with me a years after to do a teamwork as one as we pursue this site to become one of the most popular Tokusatsu blogs around the world promoting pure and original Tokusatsu series. 


          The beginnings of Tokupinoy promoting original Tokusatsu genres like Super Sentai, Kamen Rider ,Ultraman and Garo, I am also started creating original signature entries created by us like Toku-Similarities, Toku-Link, The Dream Tokuheroes, My Dream Tokuheroines, Super Sentai Starting Line-ups, Super Sentai Dream Line-ups, Tokuheroine Hot Images for Today, Family TV Programming, Toku-Artists for Today, Tokusatsu Primetime Flashback, Tokusatsu of the Month and many more. We are also criticizing TV Programming due to imbalance of programming and Power Rangers as we are only pointing out why not creating an original Tokusatsu instead like Tatooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills, Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog, and Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future, seriously we are just promoting pure and original Tokusatsu series and telling the truth and straight. 


         Tokupinoy become popular internationally as we have our unique feature of blogging like we are more focused on show , music and artists content as first priority to feature and DX or toy items as a second priority. I am more focused on the love of Tokusatsu series than collections , I have also collections but I don't need to brag how many I have because we are already adults or grown-ups and that word "adulting" is not on my vocabulary as I already do that since I'm working and knowing my own responsibilities as an adult,  and I prefer to gave this toys the kids or young ones. Tokusatsu fandom for us is not also about collection but also loving the show, music, and supporting the artist. Tokupinoy also featured big events like the TokuSpirits 2016 and TokuSpirits 2017 as we are so proud to meet Super Sentai Actors like Ryousuke Kaizu (Takeru/Red Mask) of 1987-88 Hikari Sentai Maskman,Kei Shindachiya (Ken/Five Blue) of 1990-91 Chikyu Sentai Fiveman,Michiko Makino  (Hikaru/Pink Five) of 1984-85 Choudenshi Bioman, 1989-90 Kosuku Sentai Turboranger, Toshihide Wakakamatsu (Gai/Black Condor) of 1991-92 Choujin Sentai Jetman and Ei Hamura (Shouji/Tenma Ranger) of 1993-94 Gosei Sentai Dairanger ,and Ishin-Denshin International Music Festival 2018 as we proud to meet Maria Theresa Gow (Georgie Leland of 1998-99 Ultraman Gaia) and BEVERLY or Beverly Caimen who sang the opening theme of 2017-18 Kamen Rider Build, and now we are looking forward to see more Tokusatsu Artists.



        For the ten years of Tokupinoy or Tokusatsu Community of the Philippines we are very thankful to all of you who support us for 10 years !!!! featuring update of pure and original Tokusatsu series and we continue to explore more about Tokusatsu and looking forward to the next Tokusatsu series of Reiwa Era. So let's continue and look forward for more discoveries of the world of Tokusatsu !!!!.


By Tokupinoy Team:

Ryuuseisword

Hyperchrome

Guyferd20

Blitzwing

Gouki

RioBlackLion

Gekichopper

RXJanperson

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Anniversary Tokupinoy !! you made this far and continue to spread the news of real Tokusatsu !!
Anonymous said…
You are already 10 years and still a toughest Tokusatsu blogger who is not afraid to speak-up, we congratulate on your success and popularity.
Marcus said…
Congratulations on your 10 years of Blogging,still continue to spread news about Tokusatsu.